ShowChoir Terms and Conditions
By following the registration process at our website (www.showchoir.co.uk) and completing the payment process to become a member, you are accepting the terms and conditions in the Membership Agreement. You should only join if you are willing to accept them.
Membership Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully!! If you have any queries contact us on 07880 315 736.
- This Membership Agreement commences once you have accepted the terms and conditions during the online registration process, and then implied that you agree to adhere to this Membership Agreement upon receipt of your recurring membership payment. All members agree to these terms and conditions on joining. Failure to adhere to these terms and conditions, formal complaints, or any action which could bring into disrepute the standing of ShowChoir Limited, the operation, or other members may result in a review of membership, suspension of membership or immediate removal of membership. This includes providing any false or misleading information when completing the membership registration form.
- All members must join ShowChoir Limited using the registration form provided online, you will receive a confirmation email once the registration process is complete. A contract is formed at the point you complete the payment process.
- Membership of ShowChoir Limited is not fixed for any period and will continue to be active, without renewal or upgrade, until such a date that you terminate your recurring payment. Upon cancellation, ShowChoir Limited will delete all personal information and contact information will be automatically removed/deleted from the ShowChoir Limited systems and databases. We do not hold any data beyond the point of termination, so we will not be able to recover any information if you change your mind after the point of termination. This is an automated process and has been built to protect the integrity of our service by design and to ensure your right of removal, also known as your right to be forgotten.
- Members may leave ShowChoir Limited at any time. ShowChoir Limited require 1 month (4 weeks) notice to cancel your recurring membership payment.
- If you wish to cancel your use of our service within the agreed period, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By becoming a member, you consent to receiving communications relating to your membership, events, shows and opportunities and information. A copy of our GDPR statement is available at the end of this document or on our website.
- The arrangements, rehearsal tracks, harmonies, concepts and resources used by ShowChoir Limited are owned by ShowChoir Limited. In taking part in any rehearsal, performance, workshop or event it is agreed that any use of resources, techniques and ideas will not be used, amended, copied or replicated at any other event, or to any group or in any venue. If found to be used, legal action will ensue against the individual.
- ShowChoir Limited rehearsals run at each location as stated on the website. Occasionally a rehearsal may be cancelled due to staff illness, weather, or other unforeseen circumstances. We will always endeavour to give as much notice as possible to members for any changes made to regular scheduled rehearsals.
- ShowChoir Limited may from time to time provide additional facilities such as downloads, special rehearsals and shows. These are not part of the basic Membership and are provided solely at our discretion. Those who do not have internet facilities may not be able to avail themselves of some of these additional provisions.
- Membership Bursaries may be available to students and those in difficult financial circumstances. Please contact email@example.com to discuss this further.
- By joining you agree that you are not breaching any legal obligations or conditions imposed on you by a court of law. Children can join ShowChoir Limited from age 11 (so long as they are accompanied by an adult who is a full member) and this should be a consideration when accepting these terms and conditions.
- By joining, it is agreed that photographic, motion picture, electronic (video) images and sound and video recordings may be taken of all the members and used for advertising and marketing purposes in relation to ShowChoir Limited.
- You have the right to cancel this Agreement within 14 days from the start of the Agreement without giving any reason, but you must let us know you wish to do so within the 14 day cancellation period. Please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day you accept the terms.
- In case of dispute you must show that you cancelled the Agreement in accordance with the cancellation terms and conditions.
- After the 14‐day cancellation period you may terminate your Membership at any time by emailing email us at email@example.com. Your Membership will end with immediate effect and fees due will be calculated to the date of cancellation. It is your responsibility to cancel any arrangements e.g. standing order/bill payments directly with your bank.
- You cannot transfer this agreement or your membership to anyone else.
- ShowChoir Limited reserves the right to remove, suspend or delete any member for any reason at any time without recourse or refund and any such decision taken will be at the sole discretion of ShowChoir Limited without exception.
- You may opt out of email and SMS communications that we may send but if you do, we cannot be held responsible for any loss incurred by you not receiving relevant communications.
- ShowChoir Limited reserve the right in its absolute discretion to terminate this Agreement if it is felt to be in the best interests of the Choir and/or any of its members for it to do so.
- We may terminate this Agreement and cancel your Membership with immediate effect on notice to you if you breach any of the Membership Codes of Conduct. In this event you will no longer be able to access your downloads and you will not receive a refund.
- We reserve the right to increase the price of membership. We will give you at least 1 full months’ notice of any price increase and will make it clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase. During this notice period you reserve the right to terminate your membership in accordance with these terms and conditions. If you choose not to terminate your membership before the date the increase becomes effective, the price of your membership will be increased in accordance with our notice.
- We may communicate ShowChoir Limited related information to you by email, SMS or by social media groups e.g.Facebook.
- ShowChoir Limited, the Musical Director, the Choir Administrators, are not liable for any loss, damage or theft of any of your property that you bring into any of our third‐party venues.
- We reserve the right to update the Terms and Conditions at any time. We will notify you of all changes to these terms and conditions.
Methods of Payment
- It is the responsibility of a Member to ensure their payment method is set up correctly and their fees are being paid/collected successfully. While we may inform you of any issues or errors that can occur from time to time, any overdue amounts will be payable in full.
- Payments via website: These payments must be set up as soon as a member completes the membership agreement and will continue monthly throughout the year.
- It is the responsibility of a Member to cancel their payment method with their bank on cancellation of membership.
- Membership payments contribute to the administrative running costs of the choir (office/room hire, conductor fees, composition/music, staff costs).
- ShowChoir Limited are not payment process providers, any and all payment facilities are integrated into our systems and provided by the party identified when a purchase is being made, any and all transactions and transaction information that is processed is processed under the payment gateway providers own terms and conditions. Our systems have the ability to integrate with payment gateway providers, depending on the provider you select will determine the terms and conditions that your transaction falls under. For the purposes of clarity, we have outlined an example of this below; Our membership subscriptions are handled by Stripe. A Stripe account is not required to make a purchase but a credit or debit card is required. All purchases made through the use of Stripe are subject to Stripes’ Terms and Conditions for the processing of that purchase
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are the new data protection regulations which replace the Data Protection Act 1998. The new regulations came into force from the 25th May 2018. Please read our GDPR statement, which outlines how ShowChoir Limited will handle and protect your personal data in line with the new regulations.
- As the organisation responsible for ShowChoir Limited, we keep and process information about you for normal operational purposes. The information we hold and process will be used for our management and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately. This includes using information to enable us to comply with any legal requirements, pursue legitimate and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will tell you about the implications of that decision.
- Whilst pursuing the aims and activities of ShowChoir Limited, we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes or reporting potential crimes. We will never process your data where these interests are overridden by your own interests.
- Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, and you will always be aware of the information you have given as you are the primary source.
- The sort of information we hold may include your membership application, your name, address, telephone number and email address. We also hold any emergency contact and medical information you have supplied. The information will be used in order to comply with our health and safety and occupational health obligations. We do not keep information on race, sexuality or religion. We operate a total quality ethos and sees no reason to retain such information.
- Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. However, this may make it impossible for us to communicate under such circumstances.
- Other than as mentioned below, we will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you.
- Your personal data will be stored during the time of membership at ShowChoir Limited. After leaving, your personal information will be deleted.
- If we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that for which is as collected, we will provide you with information on that purpose and other relevant information.
- Under the General Data Protection (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA), you have several rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
- If you have provided consent for the processing of your data, you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of GDPR or DPA 18 about your personal data.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or non‐performance of its obligations by reason of matters beyond its control including, but not limited to, any act of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, compliance with any law or government order, fire, flood or storm, strikes, or any other industrial dispute, delay in transit, power failure, postal delay, or any event that cannot be reasonably be planned for or avoided.